foot valve is a very widely demanded pipe valve, which is applicable in
various industries. It is a kind of check valve fitted on the foot of a
suction line to prevent backflow. A foot valve is placed in the water
source below a surface pump. The basic function is to prevent water from
flowing back down the pipe. In other words, it is a valve to allow the
pump to pull water up but does not allow the water to flow back down.
This helps in keeping the pipe full of water while the pump is not
running. This kind of valve is available in a variety of shapes, sizes,
Some factors to take into consideration are:
- Valve Features
- Standard Materials: Strong Non-Corrosive Materials
- Maximum Recommended Working Pressure
- Easy to operate
- Easy to install
- Some other factors to consider are:
- Calculate or measure the capacity of your pump
- For dirty water applications, always select the largest
valve that will be operating in the area shown by the
Uses of foot valves:
- Stainless Steel
- Carbon steel
- Cast iron
- Rubber etc.
- They prevent the pump column from draining upon pump shutdown.
- They are widely applied to all kinds of pneumatic system.
- They are used in a suction line of the pumping system in a well.
- They provide a positive sealing action at both low and high
pressures without slamming.
Types of foot valves:
of a foot valve:
Female threaded Foot Valve
Dual purpose threaded foot valve
Dual threaded foot valve
- Foot valve body
- Foot valve cover
- Valve seat
- Plunger assembly
- Plunger guide
- Operating lever
- Bottom nut