Pipe Tee is a type of pipe fitting which is T-shaped having two
outlets, at 90° to the connection to the main line. It is a short
piece of pipe with a lateral outlet. Pipe Tee is used to connect
pipelines with a pipe at a right angle with the line. Pipe Tees are
widely used as pipe fittings. They are made of various materials and
available in various sizes and finishes. Pipe tees are extensively used
in pipeline networks to transport two-phase fluid mixtures.
Various materials used in the production of pipe tees are:
What should buyers consider for bulk purchase
of pipe tees?
- Type of pipe teewhether welded or seamless
- Size and dimension
- Wall thickness
- Material of construction
- High pressure and temperature resistance
- Corrosion resistance etc.
Finishes on Pipe Tees:
- Stainless steel
- Carbon steel
- Cast iron
- Polypropylene etc.
Pipe Tees are available in various finishes. Some common finishes are
Features of Pipe Tees:
- Galvanized finish
- Nickel plated
- Black cast
- White coating
- Gold finish
- Electroplated etc.
Applications of pipe tees:
- There are three female openings in a T shaped pipe tee.
- There are straight pipe tees which have the same size openings.
- Reducing pipe tees have one opening of different size and two
openings of the same size.
- There are sanitary pipe tees which are used in waste lines. These
kind of pipe tees have a curved branch which is designed for a clean
out plug. They are used to prevent obstruction of waste.
- A cross pipe tee has four equal sized female openings.
- A wing pipe tee has lugs to fasten the fitting to a wall or stud.
- A compression pipe tee uses compression fittings on two or more
- A test pipe tee has a threaded opening. This opening is used in
conjunction with a threaded plug for a clean-out opening on a drain
Pipe Tees are widely used in various commercial and industrial
applications. Industrial applications include:
- Chemical processing
- Waste treatment
- Utilities/power generation
- Industrial equipment
- Gas compression and distribution industries
Pipe Tees are also recommended for industrial plant fluid power
Types of pipe tees:
Let us know more about pipe tees under the following heads: