Pipe Tee is a type of pipe fitting which is T-shaped having two outlets, at 90° to the connection to the main line. It is a short piece of pipe with a lateral outlet. Pipe Tee is used to connect pipelines with a pipe at a right angle with the line. Pipe Tees are widely used as pipe fittings. They are made of various materials and available in various sizes and finishes. Pipe tees are extensively used in pipeline networks to transport two-phase fluid mixtures.
Various materials used in the production of pipe tees are:
Buying TipsWhat should buyers consider for bulk purchase of pipe tees?
- Stainless steel
- Carbon steel
- Cast iron
- Polypropylene etc.
Pipe Tees are available in various finishes. Some common finishes are like:
- Galvanized finish
- Nickel plated
- Black cast
- White coating
- Gold finish
- Electroplated etc.
- There are three female openings in a T shaped pipe tee.
- There are straight pipe tees which have the same size openings.
- Reducing pipe tees have one opening of different size and two openings of the same size.
- There are sanitary pipe tees which are used in waste lines. These kind of pipe tees have a curved branch which is designed for a clean out plug. They are used to prevent obstruction of waste.
- A cross pipe tee has four equal sized female openings.
- A wing pipe tee has lugs to fasten the fitting to a wall or stud.
- A compression pipe tee uses compression fittings on two or more ends.
- A test pipe tee has a threaded opening. This opening is used in conjunction with a threaded plug for a clean-out opening on a drain pipe.
Applications of pipe tees:
Pipe Tees are widely used in various commercial and industrial applications. Industrial applications include:
- Chemical processing
- Waste treatment
- Utilities/power generation
- Industrial equipment
- Gas compression and distribution industries
Types of pipe tees:
Let us know more about pipe tees under the following heads:
|Bullhead Tee||Female Branch Tee||Male & Female Run Tee|
|Male Branch Tee||Reducing Tee|