Reducing tee is another type of pipe tee used in pipe and tube fittings. Pipe Tees are available two popular forms—have all outlets of the same size or they can be reducing tees in which they are with a combination of different outlet sizes.
Reducing tee, like all pipe tees, is in the shape of T with two ends of equal size and the third one slightly smaller. In other words, reducing tee is a type of pipe fitting in which the branch port size is smaller than the ports of the run. This type of pipe fitting can also consider size reduction from one of the run ports to the other.
For different applications in various industries, the reducing tees are
available in many various combinations of sizes and configurations.
Apart from the standard sizes, other unusual combinations of size can
also be attained using component parts of tees, reducing tee and
Uses of reducing tees:
- Cast iron
- Alloy steel
- Stainless steel etc.
Features and specifications:
- Long service life
- Corrosion resistance
- Good impact strength
- Light weight and easy to installation
- Reducing tees are used to provide high integrity mechanical
connections in various pumping applications.
- Are widely used for positive pressure and vacuum applications.
- Used in ultra high purity systems.
- It features unique machining and surface enhancement which can
prevent outgassing and inhibit corrosion.
- Reducing pipe tees are also used to reduce delivery lines in
order to feed icemakers and other applications which require a
reducing tee fitting.
- Reducing tee usually provides smooth flow paths and there is no
turbulence or entrapments.
- Used for waste, water supply.
- Used for water, drain pipe , gas , oil etc.
Some popular applications of reducing tee are in the field of:
- Food and Beverage
- Life Sciences
- Chemical Processing
- Cooling and Refrigeration
- Water Treatment etc.
The points mentioned below will be a guide for the buyers: