Male Pipe Elbows & Female Pipe Elbows
Male pipe elbows and female pipe elbows are popular tube fittings which provide an angled change in the direction of a tubing run. While a male pipe elbow is used to connect fractional tube to female tapered pipe thread, a female elbow is used to connect fractional tube to male NPT thread. These types of tube fittings like male elbows and female elbows have been specifically designed for use on instrumentation, process and control systems and equipment employed in chemical, petroleum, fluid power, electronic and pulp and paper plants.
Male elbows and female elbows are available in a range of materials
depending on the kind of industries they are used in . Some common
materials are like:
Types of male and female elbows:
- Stainless steel
- Cast Iron
Features of male and female
What should buyers look for bulk purchase of male and
Some specifications to look for are as follows:
- Light weight
- High strength
- Dimension and size
- Less resistance
- Corrosion resistance
- Sound insulation
- Easy installation
- Long lifetime
- Low cost
- Good finish
- Resistant to high temperatures
- Reliable installation
- Good heat preservation
- Excellent design
- High vacuum capabilities and working pressures
- Safe and reliable performance etc.
Some of the common features of these types of elbows are as follows:
- The materials used in the making of male and female elbows help
to resist leakage due to thermal or pressure cycling.
- They do not corrode easily.
- They are easy to install.
- They do not require any kind of special tools or tubing
- They are available in various sizes depending on various pipe
- They provide a highly reliable, sturdy and tight integral line
- They remain unaffected by shock, vibration or thermal distortion.
Applications of male and female elbows:
Both male and female elbows are commonly used in the demanding
environments of chemical and power plants. Some of their applications
- Hydraulic system
- Usage in national pipe thread
- Usage in medium & high pressure
- Usage in flares, hoses & metrics
- Pneumatic system
- Pharmaceutical fittings
- Air brake fittings
- Gas fittings
- Refrigerant fittings etc.
The points mentioned below will be a guide for the buyers: