Side Outlet Elbow
Side outlet elbows are another popular category of elbows used in pipe fittings. They find their application in diverse areas. They are not only used to join pipes of various lengths but also to join rails used in buildings and commercial places.
- Stainless steel
- Rugged steel
- Galvanized steel etc.
The main types of side outlet elbows are as follows:
- Right hand side outlet elbow
- Left hand side outlet elbow
- Side outlet—Straight size
Some important features of side outlet elbows are as follows:
- They are given different finishings using a number of polishing options.
- They are specially designed to make them corrosion and rust free.
- To fit different pipes, side outlet elbows are fabricated in different dimensions.
- The dimensions are also as per the exact specification of the customer.
- In most of the cases, no welding is required and so pipe structures are easily reconfigured if at times the pipe design has to be changed.
- These elbows also do not require any threading, drilling and bolting.
- They are 100% reusable.
- They form one of the quickest ways to assemble structural pipe work.
Applications of side outlet elbow:
Side outlet elbows offer solutions for interior and exterior handrail applications starting from residential balconies, roof terraces and patio grab rails to commercial shop fittings. They are also used for rigid structures, racks, greenhouses, fencing, cages. Metal side outlet elbow is ideal for making simple, strong, rust free launch pads. Each elbow is available with a hex head screw for easy removal of the legs. These are available in different sizes to accommodate any size of pad. A 90 degree corner joint is used frequently for the top rail of guard railing. This kind of side elbow is also considered for the top corner joint of benches, work tables, and other rectangular structures. There is the socket elbow with threaded side outlet which allows the side outlet to be used as a bypass or temperature sensing point without the use of additional plumbing fittings. This type of elbow has socket x spigot x female threaded ends.